Robert Dalton Harris & Diane DeBlois
P.O. Box 477
West Sand Lake NY 12196
Presentations and Subjects:
Ephemera in general;
Many postal history subjects;
Many transportation subjects;
Thoreau's Ephemeral Manuscripts;
The Trans-Atlantic Telegraph Cable;
Ephemera and Our Concept of the American West.
Harris: Ph.D. in theoretical physics; DeBlois: M.A. in Education. Together: proprietors of business aGatherin' engaged in appraising, buying, selling, researching, interpreting, and writing about original source materials in history primarily in the fields of transportation and communication; editors of the Postal History Journal; Museum Advisory Council of the Smithsonian National Postal Museum.
President Georgia Barnhill of the Ephemera Society; President Wade Saadi of the American Philatelic Society.
- 2001 "Henry David Thoreau & The Dispersion of Seeds," The Ephemera Society of America annual convention, Greenwich CT
- 2004 "The Wiener Rohrpost" at conference "Les Reseaux Postaux en Europe du XVIII au XXI Siècle" at Institut d'Histoire Moderne et Contemporaine in Paris
- 2004 "Early Network Theory & Practice in US Postal Routes" at Business History Conference (BHC) Le Creusot, France
- October 2004 "The Robert Starobin Papers and Student Dissent in the 1960s" at conference "America in the 1960s" Cooperstown Graduate Program
- 2005 "Geographic Integration of Industry on the Wynants Kill, 1816-1911" at BHC Minneapolis
- 2006 "Business in Secret: 1950s Atomic Energy Policy" at BHC Toronto
- 2006 panel on Official Register data for the Blount Symposium on Postal History
- 2007 panel on the Intellectual Capital of Ephemera for the American Library Association, RBMS Baltimore
- 2007 "1845 Cultural Nexus" for the Symposium on Postal History, Bellefonte PA
- 2008 "Cultural Networks" for conference on Intergenerational Finance, Esalen Institute, Big Sur CA
- 2008 "Morse Code V for Victory: Morale through the Mail in WWII" for Blount Symposium on Postal History
- 2009 "Sunday Mail Controversy, Postal Reform & Mail Transportation" for Symposium on Postal History, Bellefonte PA